Attorneys at Fields & Brown have extensive experience in defending and prosecuting civil litigation in both federal and state courts. We handle a broad variety of litigation and transactional matters including complex class actions and multidistrict litigation. The firm is “AV” rated and also listed in The Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace (“Red Book”), with specific attorneys being members of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. The Firm’s practice is focused in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Financial Services, Insurance Practice, Labor & Employment and Workers’ Compensation Defense. Fields & Brown has achieved an AV preminent Martindale-Hubbell rating.
We are fully committed to the goals of our clients and will aggressively prosecute their interests. We have a zealous level of compassion for our clients and their causes . Although results are never guaranteed, we can guarantee that our experienced attorneys will work hard and in the most cost efficient manner. Our focus is always on the bottom line which is producing the best outcome possible in every situation.
The firm represents Fortune 100 companies and a variety of governmental agencies such as:
- American Family Insurance Group
- Bank of America
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- General Motors Corporation
- HCA, Inc.
- Lowe’s Home Centers
- Markel American Insurance Company
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Prudential Insurance Company of America
- Shell Oil Company
- The Coca-Cola Company
- The City of Kansas City, Missouri
- The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority
- The Kansas City Missouri School District
- The Missouri Department of Insurance
- Walmart Stores, Inc
Fields & Brown recognizes the importance of community involvement. Attorneys and staff members are encouraged to be active participants in the Kansas City Community.
Taylor Fields recently was recognized for his 20 years of service to the Greater Kansas City Convention and Visitor’s Association Board of Directors. He was the longest serving member on the Association’s Board.
Charles Brown has contributed several years of service to the Board of Directors of Camps for Kids and the Brookside Care Center for battered women. In addition, Mr. Brown serves on the advisory committee of the Kansas City Metro Junior Golf Club and regularly participates in golf events to raise funds for charitable organizations. He also volunteers time at local schools tutoring, teaching and judging debates and mock trials.
Carla Fields Johnson is an active member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Incorporated Sorority where she served as the General Chairperson of the 2008 Debutante Ball, one of the largest social events in Kansas City for high school youth. Ms. Johnson currently serves on the Executive Committee of Kansas City Missouri Chapter of Jack & Jill of America. She previously served on the Board of Directors of the Kansas City Metropolitan Dance Theatre. She has also served as a mentor to students through the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated.
Sharon Ivy serves on the Board of Directors for The Love Fund for Children. The Love Fund for Children works to ensure children in Kansas City and surrounding communities have necessities for growing, learning and living. By raising and distributing funds for goods and services…one child at a time and often as a last resort…the Love Fund provides solutions for children whose needs are beyond the funding ability of their family or support structure. Ms. Ivy is also serves as the Foundation Chairperson for the Kansas City Missouri Chapter of Jack & Jill.
Denise Fields serves as the Chairperson of the Kansas City, Missouri Human Relations Board, which is the final appeal board concerning employment-related actions for all employees of the City of Kansas City, Missouri. In addition, Ms. Fields is the Treasurer of the Friends of Bruce R. Watkins Cultural Heritage Center & Museum
Attorneys and staff members at Fields & Brown, LLC currently or have served on the following Boards:
- Brookside Care Center
- Bruce R. Watkins Cultural Heritage Center
- Camp for Kids
- Consolidated School District No. 4 of Jackson County, Missouri (Grandview)
- Greater Kansas City Convention and Visitor’s Association
- Harmony of Greater Kansas City
- Jackson County Bar Foundation
- Kansas City Metropolitan Dance Theatre
- Kansas City Missouri Chapter of Jack & Jill of America
- Kansas City,Missouri Human Relations Board
- Lawyers Encouraging Academic Progress
- Love Fund for Children
- Research Mental Health Center
- Salvation Army Bell Ringers
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- The YMCA
- Shareholders and Associates are members of the
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Jackson County Bar Association
- Wyandotte County Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association